The Toro Giving Program is committed to beautifying and preserving outdoor environments, enhancing communities and improving people's lives. The same strong cultural values that drive The Toro Company's success encourage giving back and sharing resources. While the beautification and preservation of outdoor landscapes is the Giving Program's primary mission, its support for education, health and welfare, and cultural and civic programs is equally pronounced and significant.
As a member of the Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce Keystone Program, Toro donates at least two percent of its domestic pre-tax earnings to its communities each year. From scholarships and grants to product donations and employee volunteerism, Toro enhances the health and well-being of our communities through energetic outreach and involvement.
The Giving Program focuses support on:
Communities – enhancing areas where Toro employees live and work
- United Way
- Product Donations
Turf Industry – environment, education and youth development
- Youth Development and Access
We support communities that are located near Toro manufacturing and distribution centers. These areas are:
Our Product Donation Programs
Toro is proud to donate high qualify turf and irrigation product to qualifying 501(c)3 nonprofit organization located in Toro Communities.
Annual Product Donation Program
Focuses on helping non-profits maintain their facility landscapes. The 2013 application period has closed. Donation announcements will be made by June 30, 2013.
Local Product Donation Program
Supports silent auction fundraising events for qualifying organizations. Qualifying organizations must:
- Be registered 501(c)3 non-profit
- Be located in a qualifying Toro community (within 30 miles of a Toro manufacturing facility or headquarters – see list above)
- Meet our eligibility and restrictions criteria (listed below)
- Send a formal product donation request letter to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 8 weeks prior to the auction. Please attach any promotional materials with the request (flyers, brochures, etc.).
Our Eligibility and Restrictions
- Must be a 501(c)3 non-profit
- Located in a qualifying Toro Community
We cannot support:
- Political affiliated organizations
- For-profit organizations
For More Information
If you have any questions or want to learn more about our programs, please contact us at email@example.com. See our employees in action and learn more about our history by visiting our YouTube channel. You can also ‘like’ us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and visit our Press Room and YouTube channel to stay up-to-date.