Giving back to our communities has long been a part of our culture. Around the world, our employees actively volunteer their time and talents to nonprofit organizations and civic projects that support the beautification and preservation of outdoor environments, water conservation, community health and housing, and youth enrichment activities.
As part of our Land. Water. Thrive. initiative, we are furthering our efforts to help our communities enrich the beauty of the land for the health, well-being and enjoyment of everyone. We accomplish this through the energy and talents of our people with a focus on revitalizing parks and green spaces, enriching the outdoor environments of our neighborhoods and schools, educating on the efficient use of water, and supporting sustainable agriculture through community gardens.
Greenspace Enhancement Grant Program
With our Greenspace Enhancement Grant Program, we pair Toro’s commitment to building strong communities with the desire to preserve and promote outdoor environments worldwide.
Grant consideration will be given to nonprofit organizations that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The creation, rehabilitation and/or enhancement of community gardens for education and to serve the needs of the community.
- To beautify, create and enrich outdoor environments of our neighborhoods and/or school grounds located in economically disadvantaged areas.
- To revitalize and maintain parks and other public greenspaces by planting trees, grass, shrubs or plants, and upgrading or adding efficient irrigation systems.
- Alignment with The Toro Company's Purpose statement, To help our customers enrich the beauty, productivity and sustainability of the land.
- Impact on beautification and/or increased utilization of a public green space.
- Success in building broader community involvement in the design and implementation of the project.
- Tangible/visible results creating healthy and sustainable outdoor environments.
The application period for the 2021 Greenspace Enhancement Grant Program has closed.
The Greenspace Enhancement Grant program has supported nonprofits around the world in enhancing landscapes, transforming neglected industrial areas for public enjoyment, and created new community gardens among other projects.