COVID-19 Update Center
Maintaining A Healthy Workplace
In response to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we have adopted preparedness and response plans across our global facilities and have taken actions to keep employees safe and healthy. In line with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and state and local authorities, we have implemented the following safeguards that are intended to slow the spread of the virus.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation efforts of our facilities multiple times per day.
- Response plans for deep cleaning, quarantining and contact tracing.
- All employees are expected to take their temperature before coming to work, and must comply with physical distancing and safety measures at each of our locations.
- Reconfigured assembly lines in our manufacturing facilities and common work areas to ensure proper social distancing.
- Employees are required to wear face coverings when physical distancing cannot be appropriately maintained.
- All business travel by air or rail is prohibited for all employees, except for business-critical purposes.
- Limited all non-essential visitor access within our facilities.
- Communications posted in our facilities on proper physical distancing in the work environment, personal hygiene, and other health and safety measures.
- Adopted a special COVID-19 leave policy that provides pay for employees who have the virus, are involuntarily quarantined because of the virus, or are without work due to changes in our production schedules as the result of the virus.
Assisting Communities In The Fight Against COVID-19
- The Toro Company committed to giving $500,000 to assist families and communities worldwide that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Grant funding spans all regions where we operate and focuses on providing food, health and humanitarian assistance to helping people adversely impacted. This includes contributions to the American Red Cross and the International Committee of the Red Cross, Feeding America, the World Food Program, the United Way Worldwide, and United Way organizations in communities where our employees live and work.
- The Toro Company created a special program for employees who wish to personally give to designated COVID-19 relief organizations. Under the program, The Toro Company will match employee contributions to a nonprofit organization of their choice in support of relief efforts.
- Recognizing the professional and personal demands of frontline healthcare workers, The Toro Company has partnered with Plowz & Mowz as part of their HERO program to offer free lawn care and landscaping services for those who are helping keep communities safe and healthy.
- Many of our facilities have utilized 3D printing technology to produce face shields for healthcare professionals, as well as sewing face masks for coworkers and hospital workers.
- The Toro Company is providing strategic supply chain expertise to assist a working group appointed by the State of Minnesota in acquiring personal protective equipment and other medical supplies for health care and essential workers.