By collectively leveraging the expertise and resources of The Toro Company and our business partners around the world, we believe we are uniquely positioned to meaningfully advance the interests of both our customers and the industries we serve. Specifically, we focus on supporting projects to beautify and preserve outdoor environments, advance water conservation efforts, and promote enjoyment through outdoor physical activities. We believe we can also make a difference through access and education in specific areas where our brands, expertise and products matter.
- With water scarcity and pollution being one of our greatest challenges today, The Toro Company’s strategic partnership with the Wyland Foundation seeks to raise environmental awareness on the importance of protecting our water resources and reducing waste for a healthier planet. To help put smart water use and resource conservation in the spotlight, the annual National Mayor’s Challenge for Water Conservation encourages people across the U.S. to take the pledge and save. Learn more about how you, your family and communities can get involved and take the pledge today at www.mywaterpledge.com.
- In 2017, The Toro Company introduced the Toro Urban Park Innovation Award to recognize the vital role parks play in bringing communities together through recreation and arts, and showcase advances in innovation, design and management practices. The award was presented in partnership with the City Parks Alliance, whose mission is to support the creation, revitalization and sustainability of parks and green spaces that contribute to more vibrant and equitable cities.
- The Toro Company is a longtime partner of the GCSAA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), donating more than $2 million to help support scientific research, education and scholarships for future turfgrass professionals. One of our most recent initiatives is an exclusive partnership with GCSAA Foundation’s 'Rounds 4 Research' specifically aimed at increasing funding for turfgrass research across the United States.
- The Toro Company continues its support in helping advance sustainability in and through the game of golf, and is a premier corporate partner of the Golf Environment Organization (GEO), which is dedicated to helping the global golf community establish leadership in environmental enhancement, resource efficiency and community value.
- For many years, Toro has invested in academic and technical agronomic programs to help further the education of future turf management professionals. These commitments include scholarships, product support, and collaboration with students and faculty to advance the industry and improve efficiency in resource management.
- Working in conjunction with the Irrigation Foundation, the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) and the Landscape Architecture Foundation, we provide scholarships and opportunities for future professionals to attend key industry tradeshows to further their education, develop professional contacts, and gain valuable experience in their core fields.
- Helping students develop leadership, and achieve personal growth and career success through agricultural education, The Toro Company proudly supports FFA with grant funds for their Supervised Agricultural Experience and recognizes outstanding achievement by sponsoring the Diversified Horticulture Award..
- The Toro Company has served as preferred supplier of turf equipment and irrigation to First Tee since its founding in 1998, and supported the organization's mission to enhance young peoples' lives through educational programs and ready access to the game of golf. Since 1998, we have donated over $1 million in program support, student scholarships and equipment donations to chapters (golf courses) in need, and introduced several unique programs to provide greater awareness around the business and science of golf.
- The Baseball Tomorrow Fund is a grant program of Major League Baseball, designed to promote the growth of youth baseball and softball participation through program funding, field renovations and equipment purchases. We proudly support Baseball Tomorrow Fund’s mission by providing grantees with donated and discounted turf equipment, and supporting needed field renovations across the country.
- For many years, The Toro Company has partnered with Project Evergreen’s GreenCare for Troops and SnowCare for Troops programs to provide complimentary lawn and landscape services, and snow and ice removal services for families of currently deployed military personnel, and post 9/11 disabled veterans with a service-connected disability