The Toro Company Releases 2022 Sustainability Report
Progress towards multi-year sustainability goals highlighted and materiality assessment confirms ESG priorities
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230615299278/en/
“The commitment to advancing our sustainability goals and helping our stakeholders achieve theirs has never been stronger at
Through its Sustainability Endures initiative, TTC strives to strengthen its environmental and societal commitments through its teams, solutions and operations to make outdoor environments more beautiful, productive and sustainable. Comprised of four key pillars – People, Products, Process and Planning – this framework guides TTC’s strategic actions and performance goals to promote a future of sustainable innovation and growth. The report provides detailed progress and metrics related to the previously identified company goals:
- Increase battery and hybrid product sales to at least 20% of total adjusted net sales (motorized product sales) by fiscal 2025.
- Reduce absolute Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by at least 15% by fiscal 2025 as compared to fiscal 2019.
- Increase the number of women and racial and ethnic minorities in leadership positions by at least 20% by fiscal 2025 as compared to fiscal 2021.
As momentum builds around the company’s Sustainability Endures performance goals, TTC remains committed to accelerating profitable growth, achieving unmatched operational excellence, and empowering its people. The following are a few accomplishments and initiatives from fiscal 2022:
- Launched first employee resource group (ERG), the Women’s Initiative Network, which provides an inclusive forum for support, mentorship and development.
- Administered Environmental, Health and Safety training with a completion rate above 90% of our global manufacturing and distribution teams.
- Established a new partnership with the Atlanta University Center Consortium’s Dual Degree Engineering Program to expand opportunities for Black students to pursue careers in engineering.
Recognized for the eighth consecutive year by the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agencywith a 2022 WaterSense® Excellence Award for promoting water efficiency and conservation.
- Introduced a new Supplier Excellence Program, which classifies suppliers using selected criteria, including cost, quality, delivery and ESG performance to strengthen the resiliency of the TTC supply chain.
Through the Land. Water. Thrive. initiative in partnership with iDE, TTC employees across global locations brought their skills and expertise to
Zambiato help address water challenges faced by local smallholder farmers and provide education on the benefits of sustainable drip irrigation to increase crop yields.
- Expanded TTC’s Monitoring, Targeting and Reporting program that measures energy, water use and waste for all global manufacturing facilities, and established baseline metrics to guide reduction strategies.
The full sustainability report, which includes disclosures consistent with the
Director, Investor Relations
(952) 887-7962, email@example.com
Senior Manager, Public Relations
(952) 887-8930, firstname.lastname@example.org